Geranium’s action on the nervous system is pronounced; it’s a sedative with uplifting characteristics. Geranium is a stimulant of the adrenal cortex and can be used to balance the production of androgens or octoroons, such as during menopause. Described as a minty-fruity floral top-middle note with rosy undertones, Geranium oil is an important perfume ingredient, and one of the most feminine of the essential oils. Its properties for mind include: balancing, calming, cooling, refreshing, relaxing, soothing and uplifting. It promotes feelings of happiness and peace, and eases anxiety, depression, panic, stress and tension.
Punica Grantum is a fruit-bearing deciduous shrub or small tree. The extract that comes from the Pomegranate carries potent antioxidant properties. It is thought to beautify and improve skin health by neutralizing skin-damaging oxygen molecules created by pollution and ultraviolet rays. The essential oil is classified as an emollient, skin conditioning, skin protecting and surfactant. Pomegranate, which is rich in ellagic acid and ellagitannins, has properties that prevent collagen destruction in human skin cells, thus maintaining skin structure and slowing wrinkle formation. The interventions are also said to diminish the cutaneous inflammation associated with chronic UV exposure that leads to photoaging.
We're all looking for a little more balance in our lives. It's the key to being at our best. Same holds true for our skin. It's in this spirit that we created this Balancing Oil a truly unique combination of beneficial oils derived from whole, organic, cold-pressed vegetables, seeds and nuts. Rich in naturally occurring antioxidants, essential fatty acids and vitamins, it nourishes, protects and combats the signs of aging. Beneficial for all skin types and an absolute MUST for dry to mature skin, this treatment absorbs deeply to preserve intrinsic moisture and bring your skin into sweet harmony.
ROSA MOSQUETA (ROSE HIP) SEED OIL*, ARGANIA SPINOSA (ARGAN) OIL*, SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) OIL*, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (LIQUID SHEA) BUTTER, CALOPHYLLUM TACAMAHACA (TAMANU) OIL*, BORAGO OFFICINALIS (BORAGE) OIL*, PUNICA GRANATUM (POMEGRANATE) SEED OIL*, OENOTHERA BIENNIS (EVENING PRIMROSE) OIL & PUNICA GRANATUM (POMEGRANATE) EXTRACT & CAMELLIA SINENSIS (GREEN TEA) LEAF OIL, SQUALANE, OENOTHERA BIENNIS (EVENING PRIMROSE) OIL*, MIXED TOCOPHEROL (VITAMIN E), PUNICA GRANATUM (POMEGRANATE CO2) SEED OIL*, PELARGONIUM GRAVEOLENS (GERANIUM EGYPT) OIL, PELARGONIUM GRAVEOLENS (GERANIUM BOURBON) OIL*, PELARGONIUM ROSEUM (GERANIUM ROSE) OIL, HELICHRYSUM ITALICUM (HELICHRYSUM) OIL*, ROSA DAMASCENA (ROSE OTTO) OIL *ORGANIC INGREDIENTS. THIS PRODUCT IS VEGAN AND GLUTEN-FREE.** **MANUFACTURED IN A FACILITY THAT MAY PRODUCE PRODUCTS THAT CONTAIN GLUTEN.
Apply to clean, moist skin where needed: forehead, cheekbones, chin, neck and décolleté. Gently massage in upward circular motions. Stimulating these areas will increase circulation and allow deep penetration of active ingredients. Recommended: partial pump for combo to oily skin, full pump for dry to mature skin. Apply before or mix with Facial Cream best suited to your skin type.
Balancing Oil Uses & Tips
- Apply the order of your skincare ritual according to thickness. Always use thinner formulas (like toner) first. Then use your Balancing Oil and follow it with moisturizer.
- The skin on your beautiful face is delicate and impressionable. With love and reverence, press Balancing Oil in to your skin gently, rather than rubbing it.
- Be intuitive. Mixing Balancing Oil with your foundation when you need a hit of extra moisture works wonders on dry or weather-parched skin and gives you added glow too!
- When using our Japanese Matcha with Acai & Goji Facial mask (highly recommended for maintaining glowing, clear, youthful skin), massage Balancing Oil over your face just before removing it. This will help the mask come off easily and will enrich it with additional moisturizing benefits.
- Prolong the scent of your perfume by dabbing Balancing Oil on your pulse points before applying it.